- 85% of the people at BYU are overachievers
- 12:00 is the new 10:00 (I swear we live in a different time zone on campus)
- You actually have to study for tests in order to get an A in the class (not just do the homework)
- If you want to meet new people you have to put yourself out there
- There are no more "labels" in college (ex. basketball player, soccer player, drama, etc...)
- facebook stalking happens all the time wether we like it or not
- There are actually a lot of LDS people that live outside of Utah (for some reason I always thought there were only a few out of staters)
- We are growing up
As for the friend of mine who is extra special....the only way to sum it up is to say it is hard but okay. There are sad times for the most part I'm dealing with it very positively. It helps to know he is serving a mission and there is no other place he should be at this time in his life. Thank you thank you thank you to the following people who have been there for me these last few days (most of them don't read this blog or may not know how they've helped)
- Ariana Linda Viera
- Brian Lingam
- Liz Merrill
- Kami Rosen
- Steinia Dort
- Demarie Dawn
- Kirsten sister
- Parents
- Joshua Mason
- Melany Stanksy
- Marva Ellis
- Parents
- Zane
- Emily
- Nicole
- Bruno
- Bishop Bills
You have all helped me feel happy one way or another and I just want to say thank you :)
Another thing that helps is that he left for Ohio on Friday but I still get to talk to him until he gets set apart next Sunday. Yesterday he called me up and we had a lovely conversation. I began giving him an analogy about how we're all hard boiled eggs at BYU that I was making up on the spot, he seemed kind of confused so I took a step back to ask him how he felt about it.
SJ: How do you feel about being a hard boiled egg Gil?
GIl: um...are you a hard boiled egg too?
SJ: Yes
Gil: Then I like it.
He is the greatest, Imma miss him a lot but I wouldn't have it any other way. Wherever we end up we will both be happy.
Now I'm ready to relax and not worry about work or school over the break. It is my goal to pull out the old machine and finish at least one sewing project this break.
2 comments:
Sarah I miss Gil too. He is the best. I know how hard these kind of things are. Believe me I KNOW!! It sucks. Major. And nothing really makes it better. But every day will be a little better till the hurt isn't so bad. And you're right. He's doing the best thing ever. I love you!
Dearest SJ,
I have wondered about this kid (via the facebook stalking you say is inevitable) and it seems I have missed out on a) helping you out through it and b) hearing about it in the first place!
I know you are a strong girl and will be able to conquer anything! Just know that I love you and think you're amazing!
Thanks for being a great example and for always being a great friend. I will always cherish our memories!
Know I'm always here for you!
--Rome
Post a Comment