3.12.2011

I got to work a couple minutes early the other day so I picked up a new book by Elder Holland to read as I waited for it to be 2:00. I was only able to read the first couple of pages, but oh baby it was insightful. It's a cute little book with thoughts given by Elder Holland in previous talks. I'm planning on reading the rest of it and can already say--just from what I read--that I recommend it to anyone!


"If we constantly focus on the stones in our mortal path, we will almost surely miss the beautiful flower or cool stream provided by a loving Father who outlined our journey." -Page 5

I know it's been a while since I've posted; I'd apologize, but in all honesty this blog is mostly for my benefit so I should probably just apologize to myself, "I'm sorry Sarah Jane. I will try to be better".
Random things going on in my life (so that when I'm eighty I can reminisce over those good college years):
  • I still don't have a computer. It requires a little extra work on my part to get homework done, but I do have a lot more time on my hands and I don't waste time doing useless things when I should be doing hw. (wouldn't want people in the libe to think I'm a slacker, now would I?)
  • I'm going to do an internship in WASHINGTON DC this summer for three months :) you'll probably hear more about this later.
  • I decided I use too much toilet paper and need to cut down on my usage.
  • I turn nineteen on Thursday. hooray and happy st. Patrick's day! though I have to say it will probably be like any other day and that is all right by me (though my roommates and friends keep pestering me about what I want them to do for me).
  • I'm currently listening to the song "Love Like This". Not only does it make me remember how much I love some Natasha, but it takes me back to my sophomore year in high school.
  • I bashfully admit that I check the mailbox daily. I haven't yet heard word (other than the forwarded fam email) since Aldste Gilbert Marchant departed to Sweden, but was finally able to get an address from the email. I'm not sure how long it will take for letters to travel between the countries.
  • My day today is/was spent at a four hour accounting review, four hours of work then two hours of stake conference. applaud for sitting in a chair all day (applause).
  • I'm realizing how quickly this semester is coming to an end and I can't wait for it to be over, but at the same time don't want to think about saying good-bye to my roommates and new friends.
  • I want to hug a panda bear before I die
  • My brother gets home from his mission (Des Moines, Iowa) in two months. I miss him a lot and can't wait to see him again....(hopefully that will happen before August when I get back from my internship)
  • March is "National Nutrition Month". In honor of my major I've decided to be healthy for the month of March.
  • I am about to enter into the two busiest weeks of the semester
  • I miss turf burns (sorry mom, I know you say I'm going to get some knee disease, but I just miss 'em)
  • I discovered a piano composer by the name of "Thad Fiscella" on Pandora and I am really liking his stuff. My favorite is his song "For Ross".
  • Go Cougs!

No comments: