Best friends at birth and ever since we've been inseparable.
She was a rope when I needed something to play tug-of-war with my dog.
She was a dress when I needed to play princess.
She was a wall when I needed something to build a fort.
She was there to protect me when I had a nightmare.
She's seen me cry more tears than anybody and is officially the world's best tissue.
She always took my side when it came to boys or little fights with friends.
I once though I lost her on a vacation, I cried to myself until she was found again. (Ever since that moment I have stopped taking her on vacations for fear of losing her).
She has gotten me through many a sick day.
I brought her to college and together we braved the new life of people and studies.
She is made of one-of-a-kind fabric by an older relative. Along her way of life she has made friends and enemies. Some who think she is adorable and others who are downright disgusted by her holes and raggedness. (raggedness that comes from her devotion and love to me).
She is one of my best friends and I will cherish her for life. Defend her to my grave. Probably be buried with her if I get the choice.
In fact, as I type this post she is nestled warmly by my side.
Now the only question....do I take her to DC with me? I think I'm going to have to say yes on this one.

Blank, I love you.
2 comments:
Dude, you gotta take your blankie! You're gonna end up needing her I bet so...yeah, I say she's comin.
Hey, that blanket and I have gone the rounds! Remember when I washed her and patched her up for you and then you ripped her and dirtied her up so she was still your old friend? Good times. We miss you Sarah Jane.
Post a Comment