It is impossible for me to recount all the things that I've experienced in the past 48 hours. Everything is a blur from the Holocaust museum, the metro, the white house, meeting the staff from Mike Lee's office to spending an afternoon on my own. Everything has gone super smooth except for one little incident...
There I was... enjoying the freedom I had as I explored Washington DC. Ok...didn't really explore. I snapped a picture of the Washington Memorial then walked down the street to the metro, but it was all on my own!
I was excited to see if I'd be able to find my way back to my apartment from the Washington memorial. I made it to the metro. From the metro I made it safely to the stop I was looking for, Pentagon. From Pentagon I was to board my bus and it would take me safely home.
Only too bad for lil SJ cause that is NOT what happened. I got on my bus and it did not take me safely home. Nope. It started driving and all of a sudden I got this feeling that I did something wrong. I didn't freak out, but I was freaking out that I wasn't freaking out, in a mellow kind of way. I asked the bus driver for help and he kindly fixed the situation for me.
I had to get off at the next stop. Board the next (also the last...good thing I didn't miss it) bus back to Pentagon metro. Then wait for 87 Bus. The bus I accidentally boarded was 42. All I thought I was supposed to do was board the green bus....yeah....they are all green...Apparently the numbers on the bus mean something.
I then had to wait another 30 minutes for my bus to come. I eventually made it home after an hour-in-a-half excursion, ate a PB & J and now I am safely atop my bed writing this blog entry. Maybe one day I'll get the hang of this whole thing.
This is a picture of the sign I noticed after I came back to the station
1 comment:
I love you sister. I am so glad you made it back safely. That is totally something I would have done!
Post a Comment