6.26.2011

Half-Way

Even though the Cherry blossoms were gone before I got here I still think this place is really pretty! I am officially half way through the internship and have come a long way from that first day when I didn't know anybody and the day felt like it lasted ten years. I will be very sad when it comes time to say good-bye to all my friends out here.

Little things I've noticed about DC:
  • Everything is more expensive
  • No matter how hard I try to make my hair look good it is ruined by humidity
  • Sometimes I miss the mountains, but the trees out here keep me pretty distracted
  • People are really nice
  • The frozen yogurt isn't nearly as good, unfortunately
  • Everyone (and their dog) has a dog!
  • The way I travel has drastically changed--being squished against a metro door while being surrounded by sweaty bodies on my way to work is a daily event.
  • The LDS social scene is really good, even though I'm probably the youngest out here


No comments: