It's 2 AM and I can't fall asleep. I'm super frustrated with my body because I'll be waking up in four hours to make myself go running. I keep saying out loud to myself, "just GO to sleep!". hm....my lack of tiredness may have something to do with the fact that I took a three hour nap today...Anyways, After tossing, reading letters, turning, reading books, and more tossing and turing I finally pulled out the pooter.
This weekend was great because I got to spend it with my parents! After they stocked me up at Costco (I have declared that place the greatest thing that happened to America) we spent the weekend partying.
We toured this:

and this:
Mt. Vernon--home of George WashingtonThen we drove down some pretty streets while I enjoyed the feeling of being in a car. It isn't something I get to experience very often so I rolled down the window and soaked up the summer breeze. We drove until we came across a national park. Luckily for us the park was renting out paddle boats so we paddled our way out on to the potomac river!
It was my mom's birthday so we promised her we'd go to a Nats game. Only too bad for us because when we got to the stadium it was empty and we realized we were six hours late. So we went and saw the Jefferson Memorial. I've always seen it from a distance and was dying to tour it--It's especially pretty at night.
Living in DC has given me such an appreciation for the founding fathers. George Washington was a great man and I don't believe there was any other man who could have done what he did for this country. I am proud to be an American!
No comments:
Post a Comment