Happy Fourth of July!
I straight up love America. Every time I hear the song America the Beautiful I begin to get emotional as I think about what a great country I live in. Through all of my history classes, political connections, and interning on the hill I have come to realize what a great government this land is ruled by. I am so glad I am a citizen of this country!

This week one of my greatest friends, Anna Marie, came to visit me. I love visitors because when they come I feel like I am on a vacation of my own.

We spent Saturday canoeing on the great Potomac river! er...I guess we spent most of our "hour of rental time" relaxing, but it was one of the greatest hours of the day.

We went shopping in George town. I love this little town, it has the best shopping and I feel like I am walking through a European city.

While in George town on a later day we happened upon this on the sidewalk.
Gotta love those Mormons.

We took Anna Marie on a tour of the capitol. I ride on this little subway every day to and from the capitol.

This is a part of the capitol most people don't get to see unless they do their tour through their senator's office. (hint hint)

My roommate, Sheryl Garner, took us to get cafe rio and visit the temple. I LOVE the DC temple. I would get married in this one if I had the chance.

For the fourth of July we went to a Nationals baseball game. We melted in the heat, but it was totally worth it to watch us steal home for the win in extra innings!

We ended the fourth of July with a concert on the hill and fireworks. I came inches from touching Steve Martin's face and I stood three feet away from Jordan Sparks. A successful weekend? Oh...yes.
No comments:
Post a Comment