8.08.2011

Empire State of Mind and Famous Roommates

I've been wanting to go to New York City at least once this summer while living in DC...so of course we went the very last weekend possible. My 2445 roommates and I took the bus to NYC and spent 48 hours in the great city.

Even though we missed our bus on the way there we still managed to get to New York (it just required a few extra hours sitting at the sketchy bus stop in china town....where you see things like "I will kill you" on the bathroom stall).

My roommates and I somehow managed to cross off everything we wanted to see on our list. The highlight of the trip was when Sheryl, Alisha and I walked out of the place we were staying to see a taxi with Sheryl's face on it drive by! What the? My roommate is famous!!!!

Actually I already knew she was famous, but it was cool to see her face on the taxi, nonetheless. So we ran like hooligans and chased the taxi down to grab a quick picture.



I love this woman. You can watch her mormon.org video right here!
Or...you can watch her in a different video being equally awesome.

Going to New York City was amazing, but it made me appreciate DC so much more. Washington DC is the perfect amount of city for me. Coming back home to see the capitol building standing proudly in the center of the city was very similar to the feeling I get when I come home from a long trip and see the Y on the mountain. the feeling of coming home. (three days left until I leave...Imma miss it)

No comments: