Today after church we took a field trip to the Garden Tomb
We aren't 100 % sure if this is the exact tomb Christ's body was laid to rest until he was resurrected, but I like what one of our tour guides said. He told us that we didn't necessarily have to be in the exact place to feel the spirit. And the spirit was indeed present as we sang hymns as a group.Yesterday we went to the Western Wall to watch the Jewish begin their sabbath. First, it was great to finally be in the city during dark. I made my way to the wall and stared up at the stone wall that was contrasted with the dark sky. Second, It was amazing for me to see the excitement and dedication the jewish had in their faith. Even though they have a different religion than I do. They were still worshipping God. I can respect that. It's beautiful. With all of the different relgions, cultures, generations, God is still the same God yesterday, today and forever.
Another highlight of yesterday's day was the humanitarian project. We have them every Friday and they are definitely a party.
This picture was too great of Meg (center) to not put up
it's like she's thinking, "I'm just so happy. so happy. nothing better than this day"
She's just thriving on the moment
She's just thriving on the moment
p.s. My friend, Sterling, is teaching me how to beat box. Family, be disappointed in me if I don't come back learning how to beat box.



No comments:
Post a Comment