1.16.2012

Jericho

Happy Martin Luther King Jr. Day!
Roommates, friends, family back in P-town. I hope you used your free day wisely. As for me? 
Oh. I went to Jericho. 
Also known as "the City of Palm Trees"
The sky was blue, the weather was pleasant, and the sites were ancient.
What more could one want?
 This very spring has existed for thousands of years--bringing life to all of the inhabitants of Jericho.
 Reenacting the scene in Joshua 6 (Marching around the city)
 Three lovelies. They usually listen during lecture, Brother Huntsman,  but the camera was just too irresistible this time.
 proof that I did, indeed, go to Jericho.
This is a picture of me standing near a man from Jericho.
Also, one of the oldest manmade structures is several yards below me.
 This is my classroom.
 Maddie McCann. In all of her "sophisticated" glory. (the description comes from Ethan)

St. George Monastery 
 I wonder who just says, "hm...yeah. Let's build a Monastery on the side of a cliff"

 Brother Harper's class hiking through "the wilderness"
The same one biblical historians believe where Jesus was tempted
Field trip #2?
I'd call it a success.

1 comment:

kris said...

I believe we spoke?! Not sure if I have the right Sarah, but if not...hey, nice to meet ya! haha LOVE your blog...and Mark mentioned that I could stalk people out on their blogs! I really enjoy your photos and comments. What a great way to capture your experiences! Keep having a wonderful adventure...you guys are all SO blessed to be there! :-)