
Today as I walked around the city of Jerusalem I noticed how big of an impact the students of the Jerusalem Center that came before us have had here. Every where we go people say, “oh. You are de mormans”. And boom! Instant friendship.
Alladin for example (ah-la-dean. Not like Alladin and Jasmine). We walk into his money exchange shop and the first thing he does is hand me $40,000.
He made me give it back, but still. He loves mormons. There is this book in his store that past Jeru kids have signed and he calls it his book of Mormons.
I’m super grateful to already be respected because of everyone that has come before me. Thank you parents, Jacob brother, Brielle, and everyone else.
This weekend was busy. We visited the Dome of the Rock (built on Mt Moriah—the place Abraham traveled to sacrifice his son, Isaac).
We ran into a russian who needed help; luckily Mark served in Russia and was able to assist the woman.
I visited many sites that I’m sure I’ll visit again in the near future. I ended the weekend listening to Richard Elliot (Organ player for the Mormon tabernacle choir) play in the auditorium of the center.
p.s. I got to teach a primary class this weekend to the three coolest four year olds I know. One of them wouldn’t stop telling me how boring the lesson was—even though we colored and played hide and go seek. And the other one loved telling stories—there was one she told that had an odd resemblance to Home Alone…. I love those chillins.
1 comment:
I am so glad people are nice to you. Jett misses you! I hope you continue to have fun.
Post a Comment