2.09.2012

All I wanted was a doughnut

Taste buds can be stubborn. You know what I’m talking about. You get in in your head that you want a certain food and there is no other food item that can satisfy your taste bud’s desires. I had one of those moments today. All I wanted was a doughnut. I didn’t even know I wanted a doughnut until I was told that I “just had to get a doughnut in the Jewish Quarter”.

So I set out with four other friends today on a quest to find a doughnut in the Jewish Quarter. In my mind I saw it being an ooey-gooey warm doughnut with chocolate dripping down the edges. My taste buds were getting anxious, and don’t ask me why…‘cause I don’t even like doughnuts. After searching every pastry shop we were only able to find one—one measly shop—that would sell me a doughnut. The five of us bought one to split and eagerly sat down as we cut into the ginormous wonder.
  

Before you get too excited just know that It was disgusting. 
Imagine stale breadsticks with hard chocolate that kept falling off. 
Yeah…stupid taste buds. I shouldn’t listen to them so much.

But of course, the buds weren’t satisfied and kept complaining. (I swear, they’re never happy).
 So I bought one of these guys and they were good


Mission satisfaction complete.

2 comments:

Sandra said...

Such a shame it didn't taste as good as it looked! :D

http://www.sandra-thepuzzleofmylife.blogspot.com/

TheSecretBlogger said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.