2.06.2012

Hezekiah's Tunnel


Mom, I nominate you to research Hezekiah’s tunnel and share it with the family during FHE next week on behalf of me. 
Our weekly fieldtrip this week was finally warm! It seriously makes a load of a difference. It’s a good thing too because we got wet.

Geared with headlamps, we ventured beneath the ground to Hezekiah’s tunnel in the city of David. My excitement as we entered the tunnel quickly grew into fear when we paused to take pictures and got left behind. Sarahkay and I spent ten minutes frantically leading the way through the small tunnel as we were sure that we had taken a wrong turn at a fork. My non-existent fear of small places became existent as I felt the entire tunnel shrink and get 20 degrees warmer and I found myself frantically thinking of an option to get out that wouldn’t involve death. (excuse the drama…I’m just trying to get you guys to feel the horror, ya know?) Due to the fact that the tunnel was so small I don’t think anybody behind me and Sarahkay even knew what was going on.

A few minutes of tears and prayers later we finally caught up to the group ahead of us and my fast-beating heart calmed down. I was able to enjoy the rest of the tunnel and look forward to the life I had yet to live. 
 

1 comment:

Ethan Carnahan said...

Dearest Sarah Jane,

I just wanted to let you know that you are awesome. Thanks for being so generous with your picture sharing and for always making my day bright with your lovely smile!

Love you forever and always,

Ethan