2.21.2012

Three Cups of Ice Cream


Contrary to the beliefs of Sarah Jane, taking three baths in one day and eating three bowls of ice cream for dinner will not do away with the sore throat, itchy ears, and runny nose she is currently dealing with. Rather, instead it will result in a clean yet unhealthy feeling.

We took a field trip to the Israel Holocaust Museum and suddenly my annoying cold seemed less aggravating compared to the things I saw. Last semester I spent a whole class dedicated to studying World War II. In this class we read a book entitled “Man’s Search for Meaning”—a book I recommend to anyone interested in psychology or the Holocaust. The author, Viktor Frankl, takes the readers into the minds of Holocaust victims as he explores the meaning of life.

When I learn about the Holocaust and other similar events that have occurred in different parts of the world I find them upsetting, but at the same time it is nearly impossible for me to wrap my brain around what happened. It is one of those things I don’t think I’ll ever understand. 

1 comment:

John said...

I toured the museum last year and I know just how you feel.