4.05.2012

Balcony


 Due to the fact that the weather has literally blossomed I’ve begun spending as much
 time as possible on my balcony. Last night I sat on the edge with my feet hanging off
  as I looked over the city. This morning I did the same. (bottom picure)

As I’m looking over the city I think about the fact that this has all existed while I’ve
 lived my life in the United States. It didn’t just appear here when I came. Then I think 
about the fact that it actually has existed for thousands of years and my brain starts to 
hurt a little. This culture I’ve been able to experience for the past three months is so 
ancient. I love that they’ve allowed me to be apart of it for a short time.

Top picture: Jewish Quarter

In less interesting news….I’ve officially accomplished one task out of many! I know it
 seems insignificant, but taking my pen to the paper, drawing a line to cross of my five page 
Ancient Near East paper was a really, really good feeling. One down!....a lot more to go.
finals...bring it on.



No comments: