The Dome of the Rock is one of our favorite places to visit! Theres nothing better than
leaving bright and early on a free day to make it in time to visit this beautiful Mosque. Due to
the fact that I've spent the last four months studying in Jerusalem I've come to acquire tons
of information about the Dome of the Rock and the history behind the location of it. It stands
on Mt. Moriah AKA Temple Mount AKA the place where Abraham almost sacrificed
his son, Isaac. If you want to learn more you'll have to take Ophir Yarden's Israel class...
or just google it.
When I think of Jerusalem, I think of the Old City with this golden dome shining brightly
somewhere in the picture. You've just gotta get the Dome in your picture no matter what
angle your snapping of the city.
Sad news, friends. I have a total of two days left here. Honestly, I don't want to talk about it.
You've read the blog, you know how much this place and these people have come to mean to me.
It's a good thing I've got my family, roommates, and yogurt land waiting for me at home; otherwise,
I probably wouldn't ever leave.

1 comment:
Beautiful photographs!
Post a Comment