A year ago from today I was three days into my internship in Washington DC on Capitol Hill. At that
point in the internship I was nervous, away from home for the first time, exhausted from the long work
days, and I hardly knew anyone. Little did I know how much fun I was going to have that summer.
The office I interned for became my adopted family. We'd have sunday dinners together that felt like
the kind of Sunday dinners I would've had with my extended family.
I was let loose in DC and thrived! I figured out how to work a metro, shopped in George town,
went to NYC (where we saw my roommate on a taxi!), gave tours of the capitol building, went to
endless Nats baseball games, kayaked on the Potomac, celebrated the Fourth of July and tons of other
I can't believe it's already been a year. It feels like just yesterday I was laying out on the
grass of the capitol building during my lunch break, or frantically running down the streets to
make the metro in time.
I miss it tons, but look forward to going back to visit in July :)
grass of the capitol building during my lunch break, or frantically running down the streets to
make the metro in time.
I miss it tons, but look forward to going back to visit in July :)










2 comments:
i love that you met scott in DC. he is such a great guy.
Awe SUCH good memories!!! Are you going to visit for the fourth?!
Post a Comment