1.08.2013


Right now a lot of things in my life are changing. Not dramatically, but it's the change that we call the start of a new semester...AKA new classes and new people. I struggle with change because I try to make the best of my situations...meaning I'll get very content with the way things are and then Wabam...change strikes again.

The major I'm in does a really good job of making me feel like I'm constantly failing. It doesn't help that 77% of the people in my major are male and older than me. I feel like they all get everything whereas I'm that little nut who is trying to hold my ground.

One of the things I have to remind myself daily is that I need to be okay with "my best". I need to give my best and not be disappointed in myself when I do fail. I know that Heavenly Father knows I'm trying and he'll make sure everything else falls into place. The oak tree that I'll turn into one day will most likely not be the oak tree I'm currently planning on being, but I can assure you that its gonna be a mighty one!

p.s. I found this quote from one of my class powerpoint slides today. Oh the irony!

2 comments:

Emily Curtis said...

that's my sister.

Marcieparson said...

SJ you're perfect, and I love you. Let's hang out.