Sophomore year I immersed myself into the dating scene. I dated a lot and it was fun. But I didn't feel like I clicked with anyone else the way I did with Gil. To be honest my roommates always made fun of me for complaining about how much I hated dates. But I knew dating was what I was supposed to do so I reaaaalllly tried to open my heart up.
I went to Jerusalem and he continued to be a chipper and awesome missionary. We would both write to each other and tell one another how awesome our current situations were...two penpals spread across the globe. Life was really good for both of us.
Writing letters back and forth introduced me to a new side of Gil. I wrote him about everything in my life that happened and all of my thoughts. Because when you write the only thing you can share is your thoughts. He read my thoughts and I read his. It was awesome. exceeeept for the whole "reading through the lines" thing. We both tried not to write about missing each other, etc. I think it was for the best, but it sometimes drove me crazy not knowing what he actually thought about me.
I wouldn't let myself read his letters until my room was clean, my homework was done, and preferably my teeth were brushed. His letter would sit on my bed and silently cheer me on. I cannot explain to you how good it felt to come home and discover I had a letter waiting for me. And packages...those were the best! I'm not super proud of this, but I cried on Christmas when my parents handed me the package he sent me. I didn't think it came on time so when I saw it on Christmas morning all of my it-is-christmas-time-and-i-miss-gil feelings came pouring out. hahaha oh SJ. I need to learn to contain my emotions. {I cry at the weirdest times and don't cry at times when I should be crying...it'snotgood}
The last four months while he was out I started meeting his companions. Obviously I recognized some of them from pictures. I'd go up to them and say, "Is your name so-and-so?" hoping they would recognize me too. Usually they did and it was great to swap stories. We wrote a lot less the second year he was out. It was probs for the best. And then finally...finally....he came home.
This this and this post also talk about him while he was gone..
To be continued....
p.s. I don't know about you guys but I am thriving off this part 1, part 2, etc thing. heh heh.
| I think that is some Swedish word |
![]() |
| I took pictures of every Swedish thing I saw |
| He made it out of like a picnic blanket or something..haha I loved it. |


No comments:
Post a Comment