I have had long, dark hair 95% of my life. When I was little it was short and then there was that one time freshman year of highschool when I cut my hair shoulder length and hated it. I think I am finally old enough and mature enough to be okay with the fact that it is time for a change.
The problem is that I don't like to spend more than 5-10 minutes on my hair each day. I can handle spending more than that once or twice a week. However, I need something quick and easy for the most part. I also don't want to have a hair cut that requires me going to the salon more than twice a year. (you can see why I resort to straight, long hair most of the time now). Also...I HAVE to be able to put my hair up in a pony tail.
Currently I am considering the following options (Any combination of these):
Cut off roughly 6 inches (or more)
Lighten it up (Ah! I have never colored my hair)
Get bangs (I am not too fond of this option...I don't think I would look good with them)
Or I could be safe and trim off 3 inches with layers and call it good.
What do I do?! Also, I do have a budget which is the only reason why I am shying away from coloring it. Does anyone even know how much it costs to lighten up some of your hair? I am such a beginner to all of this. (The idea of doing the box kind of coloring you buy from the grocery store is in no way appealing to me...)
My hair currently: (Or should I say....my hair as it has been the past 15 years)

5 comments:
Here is the thing ... sometimes I work with hair ... my professional opinion is that you should do something crazy and "zaney" ... i mean think, "What would Zane do?"
I AM THE EXACT SAME WAY! Long and straight, spending less than 5 minutes on it a day. my whole life. and now I want to cut it. but I'm too scared. and I don't know if it will look good. I say DO IT. and send me pictures :)
ooh try some long side bangs! but I love your hair the way it is, I wish mine would grow gosh dang it haha
Apparently I have been thinking about this post A LOT because I definitely had a dream about it last night. hahahahahha. All I know is: I FEEL YOUR PAIN. I have been having EXACTLY the same dilemma myself. I just wish I could do nothing and have perfect-looking hair every day....
I mean, could we relate more?! I feel ya big time! I think chopping 6 inches off would look AMAZING! Try it! You are gorgeous and I can't wait to see what you do!
Post a Comment