8.05.2010

Diary of a wimpy dog


My dog, Bandit, hiding in the shower during yesterday's thunderstorm

Bandit hiding behind my chair

Its the middle of night. You're asleep in your nice warm bed dreaming the happiest thoughts. Then. With no warning whatsoever you begin to hear pant pant pant pant. "what is going on? Why am I waking up at three in the morning?" You wonder. And then you look outside your door and see a flash of lighting in the distance. "Ah...."everything starts making sense. "Bandit."

My dog is one of the wimpiest dogs I know. Even if our fire alarm starts to beep because it's out of battery he'll begin shaking so hard he looks like a cell-phone on vibrate. During the fourth of July he'll just about have a heart attack and to find him all you have to do is look in a nook and you'll see him curled up in a ball.

Two nights ago during the first thunderstorm I heard him peeing his pants in the hallway. Then last night I was very rudely woken up as he was trying to sit on my head because he was so scared.
"Bandit, go away" I told him. he still insisted on pant pant pant panting right next to my face.
"Bandit! GO AWAY!!" I yelled harder. he stood as firm as a rock. (a vibrating one that is). And did I mention his breath smells terrible?
Finally it got the point where I had to walk to my door and demand he leave the room. Was I extremely angry? yes. But did I feel a little guilty as he gave me that puppy dog look? yes, but I got over it once I was nestle safely into my silent bed.
That is, silent until he whammed himself into my door a couple of times. What am I going to do with that dog? He takes away all the coziness of a thunderstorm.

1 comment:

Kirsten Krason said...

Romie was the same way. We have the wimpiest pets. Beware. It's supposed to storm today too...