5.10.2011

Capitol Dome

Interning is full of a lot of envelope stuffing, errand running and phone answering. But every now and then there are some perks. Take yesterday for example, I and about forty other interns from Utah, got to meet Supreme Court Justice Antonin Scalia. I was also able to take a break from my duties today and go on a tour of the capitol dome. This tour was a surprise so I didn't bring my camera to work and, unfortunately, had to make do with my phone camera. I learned a ton of cool facts and it was pretty awesome to see a part of the capital that is not seen by most.



Where the tour started. We walked up about 300 stairs to get to the top



The ceiling of the rotunda and the other side of the dome

the outside of the dome (walking up the steps)


We were able to go outside of the dome and had a great view of DC

Where we stood on the outside

birds eye views of the tours below

This is as far as we were able to go.

P.S. Happy Birthday to my dad!

No comments: