It's done. I did it!

And guess what...I liked it. A lot. Any person who can run 3 miles can run a marathon in two months. Seriously. Everyone at the finish line was every shape and size, an eighty year old even ran it. Unlike other athletic events I've participated in, everyone is all in it together. We cheered each other on and I made a couple of new friends a long the route.
The downside...it rained. it poured. and it HAILED! yeah. not cool. I began making a little list in my head of reasons why I should be thankful for the rain so I wouldn't be so bitter about the situation..
1. water in your shoes = extra padding
2. Your body is cool...no possibility of heat stroke
3. Free water. Just stick out your tongue.
4. When you get to a water station you can just open your mouth and chuck the water at your face...you won't be able to feel the extra wetness
5. You Can't listen to your ipod (for fear of it breaking) so you get to enjoy the nature
My roommates--I love them, best roommates ever--drove up in the night to see me run! They gave me extra energy at miles 14 and 24. They are great.

3 comments:
this is awesome!! way to go.
Yes! So happy to follow Kenzie, once again. Seriously SJ!! So proud of you!!!
You are amazing. That's all I can say.
Post a Comment