A little over two months ago I was in terrible shape. I knew I needed to adjust my lifestyle in a way that would be more active so I decided to run a marathon. Scratch that. I decided to try out the idea of a marathon. I knew I wouldn't actually run the marathon, but at least I'd force me to train for a little bit.
My alarm clock would go off at 5:30 and I would groan realizing that I had to get up and run five miles in the sticky DC air. I didn't want to do it, but my body didn't want to let my brain down so it kept waking up and running.
I'v kept to my training schedule faithfully and now I have only one more day to cross off: Marathon day. Tomorrow I head up to Logan for my Marathon I'll be running on Saturday. Although I keep having visions of people carrying my body off in an ambulance... I'm excited....here I go, 26.2!

That's going to be me...
"A Marathon is a marathon regardless of time. Virtually everyone who tries the marathon has put in training over months, and it is that exercise and that commitment, physical and mental, that gives meaning to the medal, not just the day's effort, be it fast or slow. It's all conquering the challenge."
--Mary R. Wittenberg
3 comments:
you are my inspiration. the ogden marathon in may? pray for me!
Sarah Jane! (I love how McKenzie and I are are regulars in commenting on here. Just waiting for your sister to join!) Good luck, dear! You are amazing! Go fight win!
Thanks girls! Mckenzie, you can do it! It definitely wasn't as hard as I built it up to be
Post a Comment