
Thank the heavens
We kids at the Jerusalem Center studied our little hearts out last night, early this morning and while eating breakfast. Then after taking our Ancient Near East test I quickly finished off my Palestine paper which left me with two hours to either rest or go to the city. Naturally, I went into the city.
I and three other girls had no idea where were going to go when we left the center, but I've found all you need to do is walk out of the building and an adventure will find you. We ended up going to the Pool of Bethesda (according to John 5, it is the place Jesus met and healed a paralytic). On site was the church of St. Anne. I pulled out my hymn book and the four of us sang in the church as our echo rang almost 11 seconds in the building. Most of you have probably never heard me sing because I simply can't sing. I know, I know...all the singers claim that everyone can sing if they want to. But as hard as I try the notes I imagine in my head don't come out of my throat. Singing in the church of St. Anne, however, was a completely different experience. The acoustics of the room turned our voices into a sweet melody and I felt secretly pleased with myself as an elderly couple in the back thanked us for our "beautiful voices" as we walked out of the church.
Oh Jerusalem, you never fail to disappoint.
Oh, and by the way... In case any of you are wondering about my safety over here due to resent news reports (cough cough, mom). I can assure you we are all safe. The only dangerous thing in my life right now is the pita/nutella corner of the cafeteria.



1 comment:
Yay!! Good job for singing!
Post a Comment