3.04.2013

Weekend feelings

According to google dictionary an introvert is :
  1. A shy, reticent, and typically self-centered person.
  2. A person predominantly concerned with their own thoughts and feelings rather than with external things.
This isn't good cause I'm pretty sure I'm an introvert. And I would like to hope I'm not someone who is self-centered. I think I like this other definition I found better :

 "An introvert is a person who is energized by being alone and whose energy is drained by being around other people." 

I'm going to stick with that definition because I think it does a better job of describing SJ (still not sure how I feel about "drained by being around other people"). I really do love parties, dances, social gatherings....I thrive off them. In fact, I create them. For the most part I would love doing something social and usually my motto is "The more the merrier", but if I've had a looong day and I'm feeling super tired I know that going to a party probably won't cure my tiredness. I'd much rather read a good book, bake something, play cards, run, hang out with my family or close friends.

{{...I sat down to write about my weekend...I'm not sure where that tangent came from...whoops!}}

Lately, I've been getting less sleep than I'm used to. It's worth it  ;) , but I'm STRUGGLIN' to keep my energy up. This weekend was no exception. It was filled with events (interviews, church activities, fambam-time, dates, & dinners). Looking back on it I get happy thinking about how much fun it was and how much I accomplished (cause despite my tiredness, I had tons of fun). But at the same time, I wish I could be super energized the entire time. any suggestions? Lucky for me Gilbert is super patient and will let me fall asleep at random times and scratch my back without me even asking. :)

Pictures
1} My Brother, Jacob, ate like a whole bag of grapefruits in one sitting. which was awesome until I wanted one and they were all gone

2} Ice skating at Gil's stake activity. hahahahah it was hilarious

3} Dinner with one of Gil's companions. I made him stop cause I thought the lighting was good. He thought I was weird, but went with it.

4} pretzel roll, chicken, cheese, and sweet baby ray's.. YUM!

No comments: