We seriously thought about what we should do for our anniversary for months! Every other day we'd ask each other, "What should we do on our anniversary?". Neither of us had ever had one before (obviously) and it was our first one...we wanted it to be a day to remember. Finally we had it all figured out. We were going to go up to my parent's cabin in Brighton right after the USA world cup game on Tuesday and stay until Thursday morning. We would have fun hiking Big Cottonwood Canyon, go into Park City for dinner, and spend time together reflecting on the past year and relaxing. It was going to be perfect.
Sadly, we found out a couple of days before our anniversary that the cabin had been booked by some renters! Commence operation find-a-new-anniversay-plan. We didn't have a lot of time to prepare so in the end we kicked off the anniversay on the day before by going on a hike (We feel like the day before is like New Years Eve...it was the LAST day of our FIRST year together. That deserved a special celebration too). Due to some car troubles we couldn't go far so we hiked up Rock Canyon. I can't believe I have lived in Provo all my life and have only been up that canyon twice! It is beautiful! Not to mention it is less than a mile away from our apartment. We didn't get very far up the canyon because Gilbert wanted to ditch the normal route and rock climb up the mountain. It was all fun and games until we got super high up and I started to imagine all sorts of ways one of us could end up seriously injured if we lost our footing. We said a prayer and were able to make it down safely.
| {Hurray for getting self-timer to work!} |
We ended the anniversary by going to one of our favorite restaurants: La Jolla groves. It involved a fantastic meal, a waiter we made quick friends with and some great conversation.
I love Gilbert. I love the past year we have been able to have together. Next blog post I'll talk about some of my favorite memories from year one.
1 comment:
Happy anniversary to you! I love you tons and am so happy you are so happy.
Post a Comment