8.25.2014

A terrible tutorial with a great result

 Last week I came across the shirt (above, right) and fell in love with it; however, it's $98 price tag was out of my budget. I snuck my way to Jo-Anne's (I say "snuck" because my husband makes fun of me for going so much. When I got back from this trip he said, "hun, why where you gone at the grocery store for so long, you must have stopped at Jo-Anne's or something". I couldn't hold back my laughter and I was caught)

To make my shirt there is an easy way and a hard way.

Easy way
1. Find a white shirt you like the shape of
2. embroider it with the different types of embroideries on your sewing machine

Hard way
1. Find a shirt in your closet you like the shape of
2. draft your pattern using that same shirt. Use the shirt from your closet to trace out the front, back, and arms)
3. I like to sew a shirt in this order : shoulders, sides, neck, sleeve, hem it!
4.embroider it with the different types of embroideries on your sewing machine. 

Thanks to my gorgeous little sister, Noksie-Pokes for modeling!

Their version: $98
Mine: $8

I know this tutorial is way confusing. sorry!!! I will try to make a tutorial soon with pictures & complete steps of a different shirt I made that can be completed in just a couple hours (pictured below)

2 comments:

Marcieparson said...

You are amazing! You should consider making extras and selling them. I would buy one. Not even kidding.

Unknown said...

wow! great job, this blouse turned out super cute!!