8.02.2014

The Disney Grand Floridian

Epcot
I went to Disney World last week!! Without Gil. Weird huh? The accounting firm I will be working for starting July of 2015 took me and 750 other interns to Florida to stay in Disney's Grand Floridian and go to Disneyworld.

Going on this trip had me in a pretty nervous state. I knew I would have to leave Gil, go hang out with a bunch of single, non-LDS college kids and not know anyone. On the first day I was chilling on the hotel beach--It was beautiful, I was at a way nice hotel & cute families kept walking past me. The one problem was that I was by myself. I realized something of great importance while on this trip. Having a ton of money and "living the life of luxury" is absolutely pointless if there are no loved ones to enjoy it with. I'm happy I've been raised with the knowledge that the power family has to make you happy by far exceeds the power of money and high status careers.

Although I must say coming home to a hotel room with "turned sheets" and Belgian chocolates on my bed each night was quite nice. Though, It was a bit of a culture shock for this Utah girl to be surrounded by those outside of the bubble. It was a good experience for me. And I obviously had a ton of fun. I mean, it's DISNEYWORLD. How could I not?

PS: I cut my hair. A good 6 inches gone forever!  Overall I like it, my hair was getting in the way of everything. Gil put it nicely yesterday when he came up behind me and started singing, "I've got one last problem without ya!". It took me a second to notice he was twirling on my hair and was referring to it. hahaha...it always got in the way when we cuddled or he would accidentally pull on it.

No comments: