10.20.2014

We got spirit...yeah yeah we got spirit


I've never had a desire to go to BYU's homecoming dance. In my mind I saw it as a place where there were only freshman who missed high school dances too much that went. Gil brought up the idea of going a few weeks ago and I thought he was kidding so I laughed and forgot about it. He definitely did not forget about it because last Wednesday as we were coming in from school he stopped me outside our apartment, grabbed me by both hands and said, "Sarah Jane, will you go to homecoming with me?" The excitement he had on his face from the thought of going to Homecoming was too much and I told him I would.

He even planned a day date for us. We went biking up Provo Canyon complete with snacks at Vivian park and it was a beauty! Fall leaves and mountains cannot be topped, people.

For dinner we went to Cafe Rio because my mom gave Gil a gift card there for his birthday. The whole way there we were talking about how excited we were for a free meal out! We couldn't stop laughing when we realized Gil had forgotten to use the gift card and we ended up paying anyway.

The dance was actually quite fun. They had a chocolate fondue fountain....fancy shmancy, BYU. Also...I wish everyone could have witnessed Gil dance. He won my heart all over again. And yes... I confess, I am happy that I went to the homecoming dance. I recommend it to all.

P.S. The next morning when we woke up he persisted we go get BYU's blue pancakes they were serving before the homecoming period...Oh Gilbert, you definitely keep my school spirit in check!

P.P.S. 50 years from now I think this might be one of my favorite memories from BYU together

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

this is so sweet! i love it!