7.01.2012

DIY Wall Decor

I'm not a painter and I'm definitely not an artist. but I've been needing something to put on the wall over 
my bed for years--we're talkin' since eighth grade here. I finally thought of doing this chevron
pattern one day while I was bored in class and to my surprise it actually worked!

Supplies:
Paint
Scotch tape
4 White Canvas boards

 First things first, select the colors you want to use. I used green, yellow, red and blue.

 Start with a fresh white canvas.
This was the tricky part. Use tape to measure where you want your lines to be. The tape also makes painting easy. Make sure you measure the same on each canvas so the lines match up

Now you can paint!
Be sure to stay in the lines
Wait patiently for the paint to dry. 
This would be a good time to do your laundry or something.
Or at least think about doing your laundry
 Repeat until all four canvases are complete.
Make sure to do two of them in an opposite direction.
 And there you have it! A home-made painting to place on your wall.
I'll admit that I used scotch tape to hang it up. 
This will be the painting's temporary home until I move out in the fall!

5 comments:

Piril Maria said...

This is amazing. I want to try this..

Followed.
thebookness.com

Hannah said...

woah SJ I am so impressed!!! That looks great! You've inspired me :)

Carli The Quilter said...

Very cool and so simple, thanks a bunch!

Carli The Quilter said...

HI there, I'd love to follow you, but I am very busy and often don't get to reading them if I don't see it in my email inbox.

Unknown said...

Wow, what a wonderful canvas, this canvas have incredible look, i enjoyed this pretty canvas, it's easy to make and give much attraction on empty wall, i have never seen such kind of beautiful diy canvas anywhere, many thanks for sharing, i want to do that..

http://www.canvasdesign.co.uk/canvas-art-store/Banksy-Prints.php