5.15.2013

Happy Week

This is Mom and Dad. 
Dad had a birthday this week and turned...actually, he would probably rather that I not say.
But to me it is the perfect age for my dad to be.
I've thought alot about Mom and Dad this week as it was also Mother's day.
As I'm preparing to begin a family of my own I can only pray that me and Gil can be as influential to our kids as my parents were to me. Dad is the Mayor of Provo. Its a busy job, but he uses all of his free time serving his kids and wife. Mom is a tennis all-star, physical therapists who would drop anything and give up anything for her kids.
I love 'em.
One of my favorite cousins got married in the Salt Lake Temple yesterday. It was the first wedding Gil and I have been to together. My cousin, Tami, looked happier than ever (that is saying something 'cause I have never seen her not happy). I spent the night at her house on the day before she got married. She and Mavin seemed so calm and ready to take the next step of life together. She has always been a good example to me. Between wedding lunch and reception included a run to H&M, dance party in the store, and the Joseph Smith movie. I joked to Gil about grabbing him some tissues on the way in..turns out I was the one who needed them!

Tami & Mavin, I wish you the happiest of lives together!

2 comments:

Dilan Dilir said...

oh, so wonderful! I wish them a wonderful life together :D

Amanda Schroeder said...

Cute skirt. You're beautiful! And your parents are so cute.