12.01.2014

My Challenge To Myself and You

WARNING: only keep reading this blog post if you are up for a challenge.

To all of you wonderful people who are still reading, thanks :) This challenge I give to you is a challenge I am also going to give myself. If you are a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints (LDS, Mormon) then I challenge you to find someone in your ward who you feel is trying very hard to excel at their calling or be a good visiting/ home teacher. I don't care how well you know this person, I don't even care if you have never talked to them, only observed them from a distance. I challenge you to sit down and write a thank-you note to this person. If you are not LDS then I challenge you to find someone in your community that is serving with a lot of effort.

I have been served my so many people in my life, especially by others who are in my ward. I am now starting to realize that I have never expressed my thanks towards these people. I regret that I've never told them the difference they have made in my life or the example they have been to me. During this Christmas season I hope you will make an effort to write out a special thank you card to someone who has impacted your life in one way or another.

Happy December! 

p.s. here are some pictures from Thanksgiving Break

Please note my awesome nephew on the left


2 comments:

Haylee said...

This is a really cool idea Sarah Jane, I'm going to do it. My ward is full of the most amazing people though, I may have to write more than one! Regardless I think this is a great idea. Something that I think gets overlooked too.

McKenze Bauer said...

I accept! My husband and I spoke in church on gratitude on Sunday and this is such a good idea. It will help me practice what I preached. Love it!